Saturday, August 6, 2011

Are You Prepared

Guest post from: Constance Rodgers

Is your family prepared? Your family should be prepared for disasters. It does not matter if it is bad weather, a job loss or the current economy. Job loss is often a disaster that catches families off guard. Unless a parent is aware months ahead of time they will be losing their job, it is often a shock and completely unexpected. We were caught off guard when I lost my job. It was not anything I had done to warrant a pink slip. My supervisor just told me very matter of fact like that my department was being ?phased out.? To this day I am still not sure what that means. Anyway, we did not have a penny saved and our family struggled for a long time. We are still not out of the woods, but we are doing a little better.  The kids are very understanding and they accept the fact that they may have to play with their older toys a little longer or they may have to wait to go to the salon. I have a great family.


No comments: