Friday, September 18, 2009

Primitive Crafts

I have been busy crafting again for some of my local customers. The holiday season is approaching so requests are rolling in.

The following picture is of a primitive snowman that I stitched on tea-stained muslin (to give it an aged look) using DMC floss. I then matted and framed in in a barn red frame under glass. The piece measures 5x7" not including the frame so its a little larger than that.

The next item is a primitive pillow. It is of some primitive raggedy friends and says BEST FRIENDS and was stitched on tea dyed muslin using DMC floss. I framed the stitchery with 2" wide hunter green check pattern homespun fabric and the backside of the pillow is a solid piece of hunter green homespun fabric. I will finish the pillow later today with some cotton stuffing. The pillow is your classic standard throw pillow or accent pillow size. I think it came out beautiful.



I will be a busy crafter from now and up until Christmas doing orders so I will share some pictures and craft projects every week with all of my blog readers.

You can find FREE Crafting Patterns and Projects over on my official crafting blog at Passionate About Crafting ---> HERE


Shelly

No comments: