Friday, October 15, 2010
8 Fun Halloween Activities You Can Enjoy With Your Family This Fall
Here are a few indoor and outdoor things that you can enjoy doing this fall.
1. Family Pumpkin Carving Contest - Purchase a few pumpkins and hold a family pumpkin carving contest. You can have prizes for the ugliest, scariest and prettiest pumpkins.
2. Family Hay Ride - Find a local farm or park that offers fall hay rides. If this is during the afternoon hours, consider having a family picnic afterwards.
3. Candy and Carmel Apples - Most children love to cook and be in the kitchen, plan an afternoon together and make some candy coated or caramel apples.
4. Yard Decorating - Allow the children to help you decorate your back and front yards for the fall season.
5. Haunted House - Look for a haunted house to visit in your local area if you have older aged children.
6. Make A Scarecrow - You can find a lot of free ideas and patterns online to create your own scarecrow. We like to make ours pint-sized so we have our children donate old pieces of clothing.
7. A Costume Party - If you don't know anyone who is hosting a Halloween costume party, consider planning and hosting one yourself. Children love to get dressed up in their costumes!
8. Nature Walk - Take a family walk to collect nature items to decorate your home and yard with. We like to take walks through local state parks as it's a great time of the year to get outdoors and view the fall foliage.
The most important thing to remember is to plan out your activities and enjoy some quality time with your family this fall season.
Shelly Hill is a mother and grandmother living in South Central Pennsylvania. Shelly and her husband enjoy spending time with their family during the fall season. You can visit Shelly online at http://www.workathomebusinessoptions.com