Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Quick and Easy Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe

Last weekend I went to the store and bought a box mix to make homemade banana bread. Once I got home, I realized I had a little bit of frozen blueberries left in my freezer that needed to be used up and a great idea quickly came to me!

I prepared the banana bread according to the box instructions. I thawed out the blueberries and drained away the liquid. After measuring them, I had exactly 1 cup of blueberries which I gently stirred into the bread batter until everything was well combined.

Lightly spray your loaf baking pan with some nonstick cooking spray or grease with just a tad of butter. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven according to the box directions. With the addition of the blueberries, I saw no increased baking time.

Once it was done, I removed mine from the oven and left it cool for about 8 minutes. I sliced it up and served it warm with melted honey butter on each slice. Wow, this was delicious!!!

Next time around I am going to experiment with some strawberries or raspberries that I have sitting in my freezer too. Using that $1.00 banana bread box mix saved me a lot of time and mess and my blueberry and banana bread came out super sweet, moist and delicious! Give it a try sometime!

No comments: