Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Beautiful Religous Statue in Dauphin PA



We had my MIL's 80th birthday party in the church rectory and outside the main doors was this beautiful statue. My picture does not do it any justice but I just had to share the photo! I am a big fan of sculpture...particularly historical or religous statues.

This statue sits on the grounds of the St. Matthew Catholic Church in Dauphin Pennsylvania and is beautiful, you really have to see it in person to appreciate all of it's beauty. I am not sure how old it is (looks fairly new to me) but it's gorgeous! I sat there for at least 20 minutes admiring it's beauty.

If you are ever in the area, make sure you stop in and check it out (with their permission) as it's on private church grounds. The church and grounds are beautiful too!

No comments: