Saturday, April 3, 2010

Strawberry Shortcut Cake Recipe


Normally I share my favorite recipes over on my Shakin 'N Bakin cooking and recipe blog but thought I would share one of my favorite cake recipes today over here on my personal chit chat blog.

This strawberry shortcut cake recipe is one of our favorites and I got this recipe several years ago from my sister-in-law. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! It does take some time to make but its well worth the results.

Strawberry Shortcut Cake Recipe

1 cup mini marshmallows
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 pkg. strawberry gelatin (jello)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup shortening
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs

Generously grease the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the bottom of the pan. Thoroughly combine thawed strawberries and the dry strawberry gelatin mix together and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Blend at low speed with an electric mixture until ingredients are well moistened and combined, then beat at medium speed for an additional 3 minutes.

Pour the batter evenly over the marshmallows and then spoon the strawberry mixture on top.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and tests done. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or with some whipped topping (cream).

No comments: