Sunday, May 15, 2011
Why You Need To Spend 30 Minutes On Yourself Every Day
As busy mothers, we often spend all of our time taking care of the children, doing household chores and running the family errands. When was the last time that you scheduled in some personal 'me' time? If you had to stop and think about your answer, it has been too long.
Here is a fact that you should know. If you take 30 minutes of 'me' time every day for yourself, you can eliminate symptoms of depression and increase your ability to have fun. Scientific studies show that if you allow some time for yourself every day, you will lead a healthier and happier life.
When it comes to spending some 'me' time, here are a few ideas of things you can do.
1. Sit down and read a good book.
2. Take a hot shower.
3. Take a nice bubble bath.
4. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
5. Soak your feet and then follow up with a foot massage.
6. Give yourself a homemade facial.
7. Enjoy a cup of coffee or hot tea in a quiet area of your home.
8. Spend a few minutes writing in your journal
9. Do some deep breathing exercises and meditate.
10. Do Pilate's or Yoga
11. Sit down and write a letter to a friend or family member.
12. Spend some time working on a craft project.
13. Take a 30 minute walk outdoors.
14. Take a small power nap.
15. Spend a few minutes reading your bible or saying a prayer.
The most important thing that you can do for yourself and your family is to take a few minutes every day and spend that time on yourself. You will find that you will get more things accomplished and you will be physically and mentally healthier.