Saturday, December 15, 2012

Mom's Never Fail Pie Crust Recipe

During the fall baking season, I bet my mom and I bake at least 25 pies if not more! When we bake our pies we always use her "Never Fail" pie crust recipe. Today, I thought I would share that recipe with all of you.

Mom's Never Fail Pie Crust Recipe

5 cups all-purpose flour
1 lb. shortening
2 teaspoons salt
1 large egg
2 tablespoons white vinegar
water

In a large bowl, cream together the all-purpose flour, shortening and salt. Beat the large egg in a glass measuring cup using a wire egg beater. Add in the vinegar and enough water to make 1 full cup of liquid. Pour liquid mixture into the flour and shortening mixture. Blended until well combined.

You can now roll out your pie doughs onto a lightly floured surface. This recipe makes about 6 pie crusts so I store the dough in my refrigerator over a 2 day period of time until I get my pies all baked.

No comments: