Friday, October 4, 2013

Early Fall Foliage in Central Pennsylvania

I went out earlier today for a walk through my neighborhood with the gals from my Mommies Walking Group. Today we went on a 1 1/2 mile walk and as we were walking around the neighborhood getting our exercise we noticed how pretty the trees are starting to get.
Fall is definitely here in Pennsylvania although we hit a high temperature of 85 degrees today. I wish October was always like that for us up here in the North East but sadly it's not and the cold temperatures are coming. Many people around here are calling this our "2013 Indian Summer" and I believe they are right. All week long we have been in the upper 70's and lower 80's and it has felt great!

I am not a fan of late Fall weather and Winter weather so I have been trying to hold on to the warmer sunshine filled days of late Summer and early Fall. I do have to admit though...I love looking at the trees as their leaves change to orange, yellow and bright red. Soon though those leaves will all drop, the trees will get naked (hate seeing naked trees) and winter will be here!
In two weeks I will get some new photos and really show you how beautiful our trees get once the Fall foliage really kicks into high gear. We are about 2 weeks into it now and in another 2 weeks it will be a pretty awesome display of nature. Enjoy!!!

No comments: