How To Work Out With A Towel When You Can’t Get To The Gym
Celebrity Personal Trainer Provides His Best On The Go Workout
|Image Courtesy: FreeImages.com|
“Many people think they need fancy gym equipment to see results,” says Celebrity person trainer, Joey Thurman. “The truth is all you really need is determination and a towel.”
1. Hamstring Curls- Lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the towel under both feet. Lift your hips off the ground to a bridge position. Keeping your hips in this position, slide your feet out and away from your body using your heels. Slide your legs back by using your hamstrings to pull yourself back into the bridge position. Do 20 reps
2. Side Squats- Stand with the towel under your right food. Lower yourself into a squatting position, when doing this keep your abs tight and back straight. Keeping steady with your left foot, use your right outer thigh to slide your right leg out to the side. Using your right inner thigh, pull your leg back so you are back in the original squatting position. Do 25 reps on your right side before switching to the lift side.
3. Towel Twists- Start in a normal lunge position with your right foot forward, left foot back. Hold the ends of the towel with a closed fist and pull it taught and extend both arms in front of your right leg. With both arms extended lower your body into a low lunge position while at the same time rotating as fast possible to your right. Return to the starting position and repeat as many times as possible in 30 seconds. Switch legs and perform the same exercise this time rotating to the left side.
4. Sliding Push Ups- Start in your regular push-up position. With the towel under your right hand and your hands directly under your shoulder, lower down into a push-up. Once lowered, slide your right hand out to the side so that your hands are now wider than should width apart. As you push up, use your chest muscles to pull the right hand back in so that both hands are under the shoulders again. Do 10 reps before switch hands.
5. Double Outs- Start in a push up position with the towel under the toes of both feet (feet are shoulder width apart), inhale and slide your knees under your body until they reach just under your navel. Exhale and slide feet back out to their original position. Do 20
About Joey Thurman: Joey Thurman is a health, fitness, and nutrition expert and the creator of The Lifestyle Renovation, a website dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals. He has appeared on CBS, FOX, ABC, and WCIU sharing his insights as a celebrity fitness trainer and published author. Joey’s work has been featured in publications such as BodyBuilding.com, Racked, TimeOut Chicago, RedEye, and American Global Traveler. Joey is a fashion model represented by Chosen Model Management where he works with brands including Neiman Marcus, Abercrombie, Jockey, and Carson Pirie Scott. He has also appeared on the covers of Healthy for Men and TimeOut Chicago. Joey is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) with the American Council on Exercise, a Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) and a FITchef. For more information, follow Joey on Instagram and Twitter at @JoeyThurmanFit.