Saturday, February 27, 2016

Whiskey Sour Cocktail Recipe

The whiskey sour is one of my mother's favorite cocktails to enjoy when we dine out. Up until now, I never knew how to prepare one for her at home...but now that I've seen this easy recipe from Sparkling ICE, I'll be able to whip them up quickly for her. What really surprises me is that you only need 4 ingredients to make them, including the Sparkling ICE Lemon Tea. Since she has sugar issues, I like that they included the low-calorie option using the packet of Splenda. Plus, she likes a LOT of cherries in her's so I would load it up with 4-5 for her to enjoy!

You can visit the Sparkling ICE site online to learn more about their beverages and to grab additional cocktail and non-alcohol recipes.

Whiskey Sour Cocktail Recipe

5 oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1.75 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Tea
1.25 oz Bourbon
.25 oz simple syrup*

*Low calorie option: Omit .25 oz simple syrup, add one packet of Splenda.

In mixing cup add ice, lemon, bourbon and Sparkling Ice. Stir and strain over rocks. Garnish with a cherry if desired.

No comments: