Thursday, September 8, 2016
5 Tips for Choosing a Great Dentist
“If you just go with any dentist without first doing some research, then you may soon be looking for yet another after your first visit there,” explains Dr. Bruno Sharp, a prosthodontist, who created Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care, and is celebrating his 10th year as a Natural Oral Care provider. “Finding the right match for your family requires that you put a little thought into it. Do your homework first by looking for a specialist with the credentials to perform the work and you will probably be happy with your selection from the start.”
Although some people may pick a dentist’s office simply due to the location, that may not assure the most pleasant experience once stepping inside. While you don’t want the office to be too far of a trek, there are more things that you need to consider beyond location.
Here are 5 tips for choosing a great dentist:
1. Reputation. Ask around and see if a particular dentist name comes with feedback from others. People love to talk about their experiences, so you will find out which dentists in your area have a good reputation and which ones you should bypass.
2. Experience and dedication. Choose a dentist who is well experienced and who is dedicated to the field. If they are dedicated to the field they will want to help their patients achieve the best results and keep up on the latest information available to help them do so.
3. Lifestyle compatibility. This is a big one that people tend to overlook. Find a dentist who lives a similar lifestyle to yours. For example, if you believe in natural living and tend to avoid harmful chemicals, then you want to seek out a dentist who does the same. This will help reduce your chances of getting harmful substances used in your oral care routine and dental visits. A metal-free, mercury-free practice is a must.
4. Provides a variety of care. One Stop Shopping! If you choose a dentist who offers a broad range of treatment options, you will not have to visit multiple offices and will have a team of specialists dedicate to maximize your treatment experience. You will be able to get everything done at that one dental office. Seek out a dentist who offers some specialists on site, including cosmetic dentistry, imaging and technology, maxillofacial care, etc. The more they offer at one place, the better for your family experience.
5. Cares about the patients. Choose a dentist who cares about patients beyond just booking appointments. There are dentists, such as Dr. Sharp, who go above and beyond by helping their patients, such as by teaching them nutrition information and educating them on harmful substances in commercial toothpastes.
“If you don’t do some background work before making a selection, there is a good chance you won’t be happy,” added Dr. Sharp. “It’s imperative that your family be happy with their dentist so they keep up on their visits, feel cared for, and trust any treatment that is recommended or taking place. In modern dentistry specialists under the same roof can discuss the patient’s case and offer the best treatment solution”
Dr. Sharp is a fourth-generation dentist that has 25 years in practice. He has a prosthodontic dentistry group practice in South Florida offering all specialties in one place from a simple dental cleaning treatment to visits with prosthoodontists, endodontists, periodontists, orthodontists, maxillofacial prosthodontists, oral surgeons and family dentists . At his office, patients can get a wide variety of care, including those using innovative technology, specialist treatments, cosmetic dentistry, and more. He is an environmentally friendly dentist who focuses on providing people with natural oral health care, including providing amalgam removal and educating people on the dangers of fluoride and mercury in their oral care. He has also created a line of oral hygiene products to give people a healthier alternative at home.
His product line includes natural children’s toothpaste, adult toothpaste, fresh mint mouthwash, and dental tape. All products are safe for the entire family, made in the USA, and are gluten-free, have no artificial colors or flavors, are vegan, non-GMO, alcohol-free, fluoride-free, and cruelty-free. Plus, they help whiten teeth and have xylitol, which is a natural sweetener that also helps to fight off cavities. To learn more about Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care products or see where they can be purchased, visit the site at: www.drsharpcare.com.