Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Weekend Festivities! Crunchy Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe

TGIF...the Holiday Weekend has arrived!

I don't know about you, but I love springtime and all of the holidays that go with it. I was busy all week making homemade chocolate eggs with peanut butter and buttercream filling. I then painted around 100 eggs and stuffed around 100 plastic eggs for the annual Easter Egg Hunt for Saturday. I love seeing the children run after them, its so much fun!

I have been busy planning my Holiday Menu as I am expecting 11 guests for Easter Dinner on Sunday so this weekend will be filled with some good food! I enjoy all the preparations for the Holidays, I just hate the clean up afterwards so I always assign that job duty to my husband. Yes he moans and groans but its his job since I do everything else :)

I have been having a hard time getting Easter Egg dye off my fingers and hands this week so I am in desperate need of a manicure and I guess while I am at it, a pedicure would be nice too.

Crunchy Peanut Butter Eggs

5 1/2 c. Rice Krispies Cereal
1 lb. 10-X Sugar
1 stick of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. peanut butter
1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips
smidgen of parafin wax

Mix rice krispies and sugar. Add butter and mix well. Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix again. Roll dough into EGG SHAPE and refrigerate 1 hour. Coat with melted chocolate chips with a little paraffin added. Cool on a non stick baking mat or waxed paper.

~*Shelly*~

No comments: