Monday, November 9, 2009

Country Snowman Handstitched Holiday Pillow



I can't remember where I purchased this pattern...but I just think its too cute since I enjoy decorating my home during the holidays in a snowman theme.

I traced the pattern onto tea-dyed muslin and then handstitched the design using DMC embroidery floss. I used waxed crayons to add accent colors to the design (to make it more colorful) and then heat set it using my iron.

I framed the front of the pillow with 2" wide navy blue plaid homespun fabric and the backing is a solid piece of navy blue plaid homespun fabric. Inside the pillow is polyfill which makes it machine washable. The pillow is a nice size, approximately 14" and looks adoreable.

I will be giving this pillow as a holiday gift this year to a family member.

Shelly

No comments: