Sunday, November 29, 2009

Crafting up some faux food and other goodies...

I am really excited for the holidays this year...this will be the first Christmas for Baby G (our grand daughter) so the excitement is getting the best of me. So much to do and so little time to get it done!

Anyway...several weeks ago a friend of mine asked me if I could create some faux food for her. Why you might ask? Because she purchased a kitchen playset for her little girls for Christmas this year and didn't want plastic or wooden junk faux foods to give with it.

She knows that I am a big time crafter and asked me to create some items for her. Well, for the past few weeks, I have been busy doing just that! Besides, now that people are seeing the items, they are also ordering them from me :)

If this is something you are interested in, I will be posting the instructions and patterns over on my official crafting blog at Passionate About Crafting. You will be able to find the patterns under the Labels Faux Food or Toys For Kids. It will take me a few weeks to get the patterns on the blog, but I will be starting that process on December 2, 2009. So bookmark my other blog and keep checking back every couple of days for new patterns.

Here are a few photo's of some of the items I have created for her so far.

Doughnuts, Dessert Tart, Sugar Cookies and Tea Bags (all made from felt). There is machine and hand stitching involved and I hand sew on all of the beads.

These are some cupcakes I crocheted for her. One is a red velvet cupcake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles and the other one is a chocolate cupcake with strawberry frosting and sprinkles.

Here are some chocolate sandwich cookies that I crocheted for her. The pattern for these will be uploaded to my other blog on December 2nd, 2009.

Here is a picture of a felt lollipop. This one has a string on it as I made a few into tree ornaments...but the ones I am making for the faux food playsets are minus a hanging string :)

Here is a photo of the fried breakfast eggs I made out of felt. These are completely hand stitched.



Shelly

1 comment:

Ivette said...

My goodness Shelly - we need to get you your own craft show. Move over Martha Stewart!

My daughters would love these! But they are still to small, especially my 6 month old! :)