Saturday, February 23, 2013

Getting Ready for Spring...or so I Thought!


Now that we are all moved into our new house, we have been busy working on getting things unpacked. Last year we started a massive landscaping project in our front and back yards and this Spring we are hoping to complete it.

About 2 weeks ago we had a mild weather week and got outside and did a Winter clean-up. We picked up tree branches, leaf litter and other junk that blew into our yard over the past few months.

While we were out there, I noticed that some of my tulips and daffodils that we planted last Fall are starting to "spring" up out of the ground! Usually we don't see our Spring flowers popping up until March...but this year is different! I thought surely....Spring was on it's way since I was seeing signs of Spring.

Boy...was I completely wrong on that assumption! Just 4 days later we got hit with an ice/snow storm and then a few days ago...we got hit again with snow! What the heck is going on here Mother Nature? C'mon now, we have been tortured enough this past Winter with this icky weather crap!

I am MORE than ready to see Spring arrive and I am really looking forward to getting outside into my yard and garden! We have a lot of big plans for the yard & gardens this year and I am ready to get busy with them!

Once we get rolling, I will take some before and after photos of our projects and share them here on my blog. For now...enjoy the photograph of the cold, wet and icky snow! Booooo!!!!

No comments: