Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Agony and the Ecstasy Coming to Blu-Ray DVD March 4th

My mother is a huge fan of the classic old-time movies and one of her favorite actors of all time is Charlton Heston. Now grant ya, I know who the actor was...but since I am from another generation, I am personally not a fan.

With that said, my mother and great aunt are huge fans so when this movie is released onto Blu-ray DVD on March 4th, 2014...I am going to pick up a copy for them to watch together. I know they will both be excited to receive it!

Here is some information on the upcoming DVD release!

The Agony and the Ecstasy: Now, for the first time, the acclaimed epic starring Oscar® Winners Charlton Heston* and Rex Harrison** is available on Blu-ray! Despite the grueling physical demands involved, renowned Renaissance artist Michelangelo (Heston) spends more than four years creating the Sistine Chapel’s spectacular ceiling fresco. All the while, he questions his own religious views and battles with the man who commissioned him, Pope Julius II (Harrison).

*1949, Best Actor, Ben-Hur; 1978, Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award
**1964, Best Actor, My Fair Lady

The Agony and the Ecstasy Blu-ray
Street Date: March 4, 2014
Prebook Date: February 5, 2014
Screen Format: Widescreen 2.20:1
Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1
Spanish Dolby Digital Mono
French Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Total Run Time: 138 Minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programming. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD™. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

Disclaimer: I am a member of the Fox Home Entertainment Insiders Club. This information was provided to me free of charge to share with my blog readers. I was not compensated in any way for this post. It is for informational purposes only.

No comments: