10 Ways To Burn 200 Calories In Less Than An Hour
Celebrity Personal Trainer Gives His Favorite Activities To Burn Calories
It may not be surprising that the number one New Years resolution is to lose weight/ get into shape. What is shocking is that by the end of January most people have already given up on this resolution!
To many, weight loss can seem like a daunting battle, especially if you are not seeing the results you want and doing activities you don’t like to do! Celebrity personal trainer, Joey Thurman, encourages those who have made this resolution to stick with their journey and find activities that are fun.
Here are Joey’s 10 activities that will torch 200 calories in less than an hour:
1. Biking- Jump on your bike and take a ride around the neighborhood! “This is a great activity for everyone! Biking for 30 minutes at 10-12 mph will burn 210 calories! Great activity for when you want to bring the family along for the workout.”
2. Jump Rope- Feel like a kid again and jump rope!- “Jumping rope is a great way to get your heart pumping and great work out if you don’t have a lot of time. You can burn those 200 calories in just 10-15 minutes.”
3. Climbing stairs- Climb your way to killer legs! “Climbing stairs doesn’t have to be done at the gym. You can do this activity at home, at the gym or at a park. Climbing stairs for 30 minutes will burn 200 calories.”
4. Dancing- Just Dance! “For those who love to dance around their room while no one is watching…keep it up! Dancing for 40 minutes will burn 216 calories.”
5. Bowling- Make your workout a perfect game- “When coming up with date night ideas don’t forget about bowling! Hitting the lanes for an hour will burn 200 calories.”
6. Basketball- For love of the game- “Who doesn’t love a little friendly competition? Gather your friends, (or look for a pickup game,) and hit the court. While you only have to play for 20 minutes to burn 200 calories, I am sure you will play much longer!”
7. Jogging-Lace up your shoes and take a quick 25 minute jog. “If you are a morning person, jogging for 25 minutes in the AM is a great way to start your day! If you like to hit the snooze button, running after your day is a fantastic way to release your office tension. Best part, a 25 minute jog will have you burning 218 calories.”
8. Swimming - Take a Dive- “Taking a swim is a favorite for many and a great low impact activity. Taking a 30 minute swim can burn 215 calories.”
9. Tennis- Game, set, match! “You don’t need to have skills like a Williams sister or Andy Roddick to see results from this game. Hitting the courts for 25 minutes will burn 218 calories.”
10. Basic training – Are you army strong? - “If you are looking for a killer workout, try a basic training workout. A 30 minute workout of pushups, sit-ups and timed sprints running will burn 200 calories.”
“Working out shouldn’t be a chore, you should love what you are doing and feel great after,” says Thurman. “These activities are able to be done with a friend or on your own. The best part of these activities, they are gym free! You don’t have to go to a gym to see results, just find an activity that you love to do!”
About Joey Thurman: Joey Thurman is a health, fitness, and nutrition expert and the creator of The Lifestyle Renovation, a website dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals. He has appeared on CBS, FOX, ABC, and WCIU sharing his insights as a celebrity fitness trainer and published author. Joey’s work has been featured in publications such as BodyBuilding.com, Racked, TimeOut Chicago, RedEye, and American Global Traveler. Joey is a fashion model represented by Chosen Model Management where he works with brands including Neiman Marcus, Abercrombie, Jockey, and Carson Pirie Scott. He has also appeared on the covers of Healthy for Men and TimeOut Chicago. Joey is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) with the American Council on Exercise, a Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) and a FITchef. For more information, please visit www.thelifestylerenovation.com and follow Joey on Instagram and Twitter at @JoeyThurmanFit.