Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Super Simple Salsa with Avocado Recipe

I love salsa...all kinds of different salsas! I love using it as a traditional dip but I also love using it as a condiment when I make tacos, burritos, enchiladas, omelets, burgers, hot dogs, etc. Yup, that's right...I love me a good homemade salsa! How do you enjoy salsa?

Today's recipe is courtesy of BistroMD.

BistroMD’s Super Simple Salsa with Avocado Recipe

4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small, sweet onion, diced
2 jalepeno peppers, seeded and diced
1/2 chopped finely chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 haas avocado, cleaned and diced
1 lime, for juice
A pinch of sea salt
Directions:

For this healthy twist on a Cinco de Mayo favorite, all you have to do is combine all of the above ingredients, and chill it in your refrigerator for about one hour. Pair with a bag of low fat corn chips or veggies, and you are ready to start snacking!

No comments: