Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scrapbooking Play Dates With The Grand Daughter!

I finally took some much needed time off today just to do a few things that I wanted to do for myself and that included a little bit of scrapbooking. I often have play dates with my little 22 month old grand daughter and I decided to scrapbook a layout today of 2 photos that I took during recent play dates with her.

I wanted a clean and simple 12x12 layout and I decided to work in purples and lime green. I wasn't sure if I would like those 2 colors together but once the page was done...I was pleased with the results.

I used a piece of distressed purple scrapbooking paper for my background and I used 2 border stickers on the layout, one across the top and one across the bottom. The one across the top has a quote about special memories. I cropped down my 2 photos and mounted them onto lime green and dark purple scrapbooking paper and rounded the corners. I then used 3-Dimensional word stickers "Cuddle" and "Love" to accent the sides of each photo. The "Cuddle" one is near the top photo because she was sitting in her rocking chair rocking her new Cabbage Patch Doll. Under the bottom photo I used to plain word stickers that say "Incredible" and "Charmer". In each corner of the layout is 3-Dimensional Buttons that I mounted onto stacked square shaped papers to add dimension. I did my journaling on the back of the layout as I wanted a clean looking front. Yes folks, you can journal on the back of your paper! I think the layout came out pretty darn cute!

~* Shelly *~

No comments: