Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3rd Snowstorm in Pennsylvania

Every year I am prepared for some snow, ice and sleet. We live in south central Pennsylvania and that is the normal every winter season. With that said, getting nasty snow & ice weather every 3-4 days since early December 2013 is NOT the normal weather pattern around here!

Several times this year we have hit sub-zero temperatures of -10 to -15 degrees. If you have never experienced cold like that, let me tell you...it is NOT pleasant! Yes, we can get cold here but we rarely go below zero and certainly not several times in one winter season!
Early this morning around midnight or so it started raining. Then it turned into sleet and then into snow. Lots and lots of snow! In just 8 hours we received 7 1/2" of snow and I am really getting sick of it now. Sure, it looks pretty when it freshly falls, but give it a day or two and it will be muddy & ugly.

I've got SPRING FEVER and I have it in a big way! I am tired of seeing snow every 3-4 days and I am ready for sunshine, warm temperatures and play time in my garden. Heck, I would just settle for 50 degree days but really longing for temperatures to hit the 80's once again.
Yes, I am moaning and groaning about this because I have a "sick" feeling that groundhog Phil was right with his predictions this year. He said we have 6 more weeks of winter and at this rate, I am saying 10 weeks...sigh!

Hope everyone is battening down the hatches because we have another snow & ice storm heading our way tomorrow night and another one arriving this weekend! Pretty soon I am going to need a snowmobile and skis to get around town! Boo!

No comments: