Monday, June 16, 2008

Babies Fledged!


Well...this will be the last picture of the baby house finches! This picture is at age 10 days. I got up Saturday morning to go check on them and they were all gone! So they fledged on Saturday morning at age 12 days!

Mom and Dad are still hanging around in the pine tree that sits about 30 ft from my hanging basket. According to my bird book, house finches can breed 2-3 times per year so perhaps we will be blessed with another round of babies sometime this summer. I will let you all know if that occurs!

My husband and I totally enjoyed this experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. That is sweet and also a little sad.

Bye Bye Birdies :)

Nancy said...

I hope nothing got them as that's awfully young to be out of the nest. Down here, the black snakes will scale a wall to get to a planter if there is a bird's nest in it. I had that happen. Made me sick to my stomach!!! I hope your are safe.....