Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy 23rd Birthday Jenelle!



Where does all that time go? I can not believe that our daughter just turned 23 years old on June 19th!!! Happy Birthday Jenelle!

Birthdays here in our family are always a big deal. We usually have parties and make it a several day celebration, especially if the birthday falls on a weekend.

Our daughters due date was July 4th, I was hoping she would arrive a tad early on June 29th since that is my birthday and we could share the date, but Jenelle had other plans and arrived on June 19th which ended up being a blessing because on the year she was born, June 19th was Fathers Day so my hubby was double blessed that day.

Are birthday's a big deal in your household? Do you go way out to celebrate them?

Shelly

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, to be 23 again! God bless her!! My daughter was 43 on her last birthday and my son was 42 last month! I miss them since they grew up and left the nest! My nest just has me for its only occupant now....

I keep taking just one more peek! But I gotta run this time and get ready to go get the cat and get him to the vet!!! LOL

(((HUGS)))

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jenelle!
23rd birthday...that's almost 10 years ago for me....sigh....

Shelly, thank you for visiting my blog. Please come back often.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY (LATE) BIRTHDAY JENELLE!

And YES...we make BIG DEALS out of Birthdays, too! :) Lots of Cake, Food, Fun, Games, Special Talks about why we are glad that person was born...etc...

BIRTHDAYS ARE AWESOME!!! :)

Cynthia said...

Yep Birthdays are a big deal in our house. The birthday 'child' gets to pick their dinner and type of cake. For the children they can have one or two friends over.

If it's my oldest daughter and her family it also involves her in-laws.

We celebrate the birthday more with food and family and friends than with huge presents. Sometimes there are none or just little ones.

Cindy

http://TeamBeachBody.com/cindylu