Friday, June 6, 2008

Bird Watching - We Have House Finch Hatchlings!





My husband and I are big fans of birding. We enjoy watching them, trying to identify them and of course watching hatchlings grow up.

For mothers day he got me a beautiful hanging flower basket. A week later we noticed a very small bird (we believe she is a house finch) going in and out of the flower basket.

We finally got nosey and suspected she had made a nest and took a peek and low and behold there was a beautiful nest inside our flower basket with 5 tiny blue eggs (the size of marbles). It has now been 2 weeks and we finally have hatchlings!

Yesterday we noticed that 3 of our 5 eggs have hatched and then this morning another one hatched so we now have 1 egg left to see if it hatches. I hope you enjoy the photo's and I will be updating my blog from time to time about these beautiful little birds!

For more information about the House Finch Birds please see:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/House_Finch_dtl.html

~Shelly~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAW! HOW SWEEEEET! I love birds, too!! :) I'll be looking forward to more posts about the Little Bird Family :)