Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Classic Crochet Granny Square Afghan

Over the winter months, I enjoy staying in where its warm and to get busy crocheting. Since I craft all year long, I like to save ALL of my little scraps of yarn so that in the winter months I can use them up with a Granny Square Afghan. I made this one and just completed it the beginning of January 2009. I used black as my background color as it really makes the colors pop. I used all acrylic yarns and all were scraps except for the black. I bought 2 (one pounder rolls) of Red Heart Acrylic Black Yarn to attach all my squares together and I used a simple single crochet stitch to do that.

I made the entire afghan using single and double crochets along with the chain stitch. I used 3 different colors of yarn for each square and then my 4th color was the black. I made all my squares first and then attached them using a simple single crochet.

The photo shows the afghan folded in half and draped over the door so I could get a decent picture of it. Enjoy!

You can find FREE Crafting Patterns and Projects over on my official crafting blog at Passionate About Crafting ---> HERE

~*Shelly*~

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Very pretty afghan Dollface. I am now following you and have added the follow me gadget to my blogs. Thanks for the heads up.

Hugs.

Amy Jo Garner said...

I've just started a project to turn all my "extra" yarn into a granny square afghan. I guess great minds do think alike ;-)