Friday, February 13, 2009

Seashells in Cross Stitch

I completed this cross stitch project back in January. I actually made 3 of them because once other people saw it, they wanted one too!

Once matted and framed, it measures 8x10" in size. The mat has a 4x6" opening so the cross stitch design area measures the same. I chose to frame them in a pale sandy colored wooden frame because I stitched the design on 14 ct. sand colored Aida fabric. I used DMC floss for the stitching. I love nautical and beach designs so I really enjoyed making these which only took me 4 days to complete so its a great weekend project. I purchased my frame at Micheals craft store as they have a great selection of mats and frames in a slew of sizes so I usually go there to purchase my framing materials.

My husband and I love the beach so I do a lot of crafting with a nautical and beach theme.


Shelly

No comments: