Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Applesauce Cherry Squares Recipe

I love making bar style cookies as it really saves me a lot of time. Don't get me wrong, I love making drop cookies too...but on busy weekends, I am all about bar style cookies!

Applesauce Cherry Squares Recipe

2 cups sweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 pkgs. cherry gelatin mix
1 cup chopped nuts
confectioner's sugar

In a large saucepan, heat up the applesauce to a boiling, add in the lemon juice. Simmer mixture for 10 minutes or until the applesauce has thickened. Stir in the gelatin mix and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped nuts. Pour mixture into an 8" by 8" pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 6 hours so that they firm up. Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares. Dust the tops of each square with confectioner's sugar before serving.

No comments: