Monday, September 24, 2012

Looking Into Naturopathic Healthcare

Back in the early 1990's I was diagnosed with a rare genetic disease called Porphyria. Since that time, I have endured over 35+ surgeries, over 200+ hospitalizations, repeated rounds of home nursing care and still...I found myself in chronic pain, every day!

A friend of mine's mother suffers with a similar ailment and lives in Canada. She was telling me about a naturopath Toronto who specializes in Naturopathic Healthcare who has been helping her mother, who also suffers with quite a bit of chronic pain and various other health ailments.

She told me that a naturopathic doctor will evaluate a patient and do tests. Once the evaluation and tests have been completed, the naturopathic doctor will make suggestions and recommendations to the patient that consist of the most current and recommended natural therapies.

These natural treatments and therapies can include:

* Botanical Medicine
* Diet Changes
* Lifestyle Changes
* Nutritional Supplements
* Nutritional Injections
* Acupuncture
* Traditional Chinese Medicine
* Naturopathic Spinal Manipulation
* Hydrotherapy
* and more!

In the past I have tried both acupuncture and spinal manipulation. I had some good results with acupuncture in the past but I couldn't handle the spinal manipulation due to my severe osteoporosis. I would love to visit a licensed naturopathic doctor now and perhaps try some botanical medicine, nutritional supplements and perhaps some hydrotherapy.

I would love to know if any of my blog readers have tried naturopathic healthcare before and if so, how was your experience with it? Please leave your feedback below in my blog's comment form. I would love to hear your thoughts and about your experience. Thanks!



No comments: