Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Homemade Banana Nut Bread Recipe

I love making homemade banana bread and I enjoy making it a variety of different ways. Sometimes I will toss in some shredded zucchini, strawberries, chopped nuts or whatever I have on hand. Today, I wanted to share with you a banana nut bread recipe that I like to use. With the addition of the applesauce, you are cutting down on fat and the applesauce makes it a very moist bread.

Homemade Banana Nut Bread Recipe

4 ripe bananas
1 cup of sugar
¾ cup of applesauce
2 eggs
2 cups of bread flour
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan. In a large bowl, slice the bananas and use an electric mixer to mash. Add the sugar and blend. Let mixture stand for 15 minutes. Add applesauce and eggs and mix well. Blend in the remaining ingredients. Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand again for 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: