Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Great Microwave Cleaning Tips

I have been on a cleaning frenzy for weeks and I always get in this mood during the traditional spring cleaning season. Yesterday I spent some considerable amount of time cleaning my microwave oven which happened to be pretty gross!

I thought I would share with all of you some tips that worked great for me and got my microwave oven sparkling clean once again.

* Take your carousel out of the microwave and hand wash it or toss it into the dishwasher. Once it is out of your microwave, spritz a non-toxic all-purpose cleaner inside. I like to use Simple Green. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then wipe it out with a clean damp sponge. Spritz your microwave again with some water and then clean up that water with a damp sponge and towel dry.

* If you still got some icky stuff in your microwave, fill up a 2 cup glass measuring cup with 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 3/4 cup of water. Place it into the microwave and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. You want it to work up a good steam. Remove it (carefully as it will be hot) and finish wiping down the inside of your microwave. This always works well for me and leaves my microwave smelling citrus-ly clean!

* If you own one of those Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleaning sponges, those always work well for stubborn burnt on food particles and I have had to use one of those a month ago for burnt spaghetti sauce and it took it right up for me.

So, what about you....how do you like to get your microwave sparkling clean? Any tips?

No comments: