Monday, August 20, 2012

Jeeter and Arod - My Pet Turtles

I love animals and about 4 years ago I got my first red-earred slider turtle. At the time I was a big Yankees fan so I decided to name him Jeeter. (he is the smaller one, but the older one). About 9 months later I received another red-earred slider turtle as a gift and decided to name this one Arod (he is the large one, but younger one).

These two turtles are much beloved here in our household and our grand-wee-one adores them too! They live in a beautiful 50 gallon aquarium that my hubby set up for them. They are extremely people friendly since we have owned them as babies and we socialize with them often.

When we got them...they were about the size of 1/2 dollars, they are now the size of grapefruits so trust me when I say, they eat a lot!!!!

No comments: