Thursday, January 14, 2010

Handstitched Snowman Throw Pillow

I was visiting my local fabric store two weeks ago and in the clearance bin was this small snowman fabric panel for only .25 cents so I decided to purchase...after all, I love a good bargain LOL



I brought it home and realized it was a panel that you add handstitched embroidery accents to it...so I got out my embroidery floss and got busy. The panel measures 5" by 7" in size and I used 3 strands of embroidery floss for my stitching. Once I finished it, I got out my homespun fabric and made a throw pill that measures 3 1/2" larger on all sides as compared to the measurements of the panel. I stuffed the pillow with fiberfill. Once that was done, I pressed back 1/4" on all sides of the panel using a hot iron to hide the raw edges...I then blanket stitched the panel to the front side of my pillow.

I think the pillow turned out cute...and it cost me less than $3.00 to make :) Now that is my type of handcrafted bargain!

~ Shelly ~

No comments: