Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Love For Lighthouses!!!

Since I was a small child (around age 5 or so)...we always took several trips every summer season down to the Jersey Shore for our family vacations. These were special trips because my mom was a single mom and we had to scrimp and save to afford these little vacations.

Every year...my brother and I would count down the days until we were at the shore again. Matter of fact, 90% of my pleasant childhood memories happened at the shore.

Over the years...I grew to love lighthouses...just absolutely love them! I am fortunate that my hubby of 24 years also loves lighthouses so we spend a lot of our traveling time visiting various lighthouses.

It seems like every year for my birthday, mothers day, christmas etc...my friends and family give me gifts that consist of lighthouses...I bet I own around 200 various lighthouses!

Shelly

No comments: