One of the things I love about celebrating our National Independence Day is getting together with all of our friends and family. Our lives are so busy these days, we look for every opportunity that we can get to visit with one another!
Balsamic & Ginger Glazed Plums Recipe
• ½ cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• ½ teaspoon orange zest
• Pinch salt
• 6 firm, ripe plums
• 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced (optional)
• Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small pan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
3. Cut plums in half and remove the pits.
4. In a large bowl, gently toss plum halves with balsamic syrup to coat.
5. Place plums, cuts side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill over medium heat about 5 minutes.
6. Serve warm with crystallized ginger and/or vanilla ice cream, if desired.