Friday, April 20, 2012

My One Lonely Rose Bud!


Last year when hurricane Irene and tropical storm Lee came through our area they caused us a lot of damage. Most of the damage caused by those two storms was rain and flooding, although we did have some minor wind damage too.

Our backyard took a royal beating from both of those storms and the storms destroyed quite a bit. I had to trim back all of my rose and azalea bushes to near nothing. I wasn't expecting either one of them to bloom this season since I really had to whack them back.

Earlier this morning I was pleasantly surprised to walk out into my backyard and find one lonely blooming rose! yeah!!! I guess it's a start! I would absolutely love if that rose bush would come back to it's original glorious state so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a few more blooms this year.

No comments: