Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Easy Pan-Fried Trout - Fish - Recipe

My husband went out fishing with my brother last weekend and it was the first time he has been out fishing in over twenty years! Anyway, the two of them caught several nice sized trouts and once they got home...I got busy making dinner for them.Now, I will admit...I will NOT clean fish...nope, I will not! I made the guys clean & prep the fish before I would even touch it!

You can purchase store bought bread crumbs in the canister...however, I make my own and used mine. You can coat your fish fillets as lightly or as heavy as you would like it. We like ours lightly battered.

Easy Pan-Fried Trout Recipe

4 to 6 trout filets (depending on size)
1/3 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

In a large skillet, melt the butter and heat up the vegetable oil over medium heat. Rinse off the fish filets under cold tap water. Beat the egg with a wire whisk and place into a small bowl. Drudge fish filets through the beaten egg and then dip both sides of the filet into the seasoned dried bread crumbs.

Place filets into the butter & oil mixture in your skillet and pan fry each side for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on how thick your filets are. The outsides should get lightly golden brown. Remove from pan and place them on a paper towel lined plate for 2 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.

No comments: