Monday, August 15, 2011

Herbal Foot Pampering Recipes For Busy Moms


* Image Courtesy of FreeImages.com
As a mother, I used to neglect my feet as it just was not at the top of my list of things I needed to do. Now, after a busy day spent chasing around kids, I look forward to 20-30 minutes of spoiling myself with some much needed foot care.

To cut down on time, I keep a plastic bin in my linen closet stocked with the supplies needed to make the following recipes. In addition to the inexpensive ingredients, I like to keep clean towels, loofah sponges, foot files, pumice stones and foot lotion in the bin so that I have everything ready to go as I need it. I recommend purchasing a plastic basin at your local drugstore so that you have something to soak your feet in. You can easily whip up these recipes in only a matter of minutes.

Lavender Milk Soak6 cups of water
2 cups of milk
4 tablespoons dried lavender

In a large glass bowl, combine the water, milk and lavender. Microwave for 1 minute until mixture is warm. Pour into a foot basin and soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.

Almond Sea Salt Scrub

3 cups of sea salt
1 cup of Epsom salts
8 ounces of water
2 ounce of almond oil

Mix all ingredients in a medium sized container. Use a plastic scoop to measure out what you need. Rub sea salt onto the heels of each foot for 3-5 minutes. Rinse under warm running water. Pat dry with a cotton towel and follow up with a gentle moisturizing foot lotion.

Soothing Oatmeal Soak

1 cup cornstarch
1 cup powdered milk
1/2 - 3/4 cup of oatmeal

Combine all 3 items in a blender container and process until smooth. Fill foot basin 1/2 full with warm water and add oatmeal mixture. Soak feet for 10-15 minutes. Towel dry and apply moisturizing foot lotion.

No comments: