Are you heading out soon on a road trip or family vacation and taking the kids along? If so, you will want to plan ahead and pack up several things that will keep the kids busy and keep them comfortable while you are traveling. How much you take along with you will depend on the number of children traveling with you and how long you will be traveling by car as children will need a nice variety of things to do so that they don't get too bored.
Here are a few suggestions on things you could purchase and pack to help keep the kids busy and comfortable while traveling this summer.
* Hangman Game (Paper and Pencils)
* Tic, Tac, Toe Game (Paper and Pencils)
* I Spy Something (Color) Game (Paper and Pencils)
* License Plate Collector Game(Paper and Pencils)
* Crossword Puzzles & Activity Books
* Coloring Books and Crayons
* Sticker Books
* Classic Travel-Sized Board Games (Checkers, Chess, Sorry)
* Electronic Hand-Held Games
* Dice Games (Yahtzee)
* Classic Card Games (Uno, Go Fish, etc.)
* DVD's and a DVD Player
In addition to packing games and activities to keep the kids busy while on a road trip you want to pack some cold beverages, various snacks, a few paper bag lunches, extra set of clothing for each person, a first aid kit, travel pillows and a few throw blankets.
Being prepared ahead of time while taking a road trip with the kids will save you a lot of stress and aggravation while out on the road.
Shelly Hill is the owner of the popular travel blog called Pennsylvania and Beyond located at http://pennsylvaniaandbeyond.blogspot.com/ where you can find valuable travel related articles, travel tips and lists of things to see and do across the United States.