Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gardening - Petunias Gone Wild!!!


My "almost wordless Wednesday" post this week is a photo that I took last weekend of the Petunias in my front flower bed that have gone completely wild with their growth! We planted them in late May of 2013 and they were scrawny little plants with no blooming flowers. We got them at the garden store with a hefty discount since they looked terrible and weren't doing well.

We brought them home and immediately planted them. We then hit them with the garden hose and our favorite growth product "Miracle Gro" and continued to water them regularly and with the Miracle Gro once a week. Wow, what a difference 6 weeks makes and lots of love & care! Those Petunias are going WILD now and some are getting so large they look like flower bushes!!!

I absolutely love outdoor flowers and have 4 flower beds on our property. This particular flower bed has nothing but Petunias in it and I am loving how full and lush they are! Just goes to show you that you can bring a scrawny looking plant(s) back to life again with the proper love, care and nourishment (Miracle Gro) and they are doing fabulous now!!!

If you look closely, you can see one of my 12" tall solar garden lights buried in those Petunias which will show you how large they have become. I think this weekend I will trim some of them back as they are interfering with the solar lights getting enough sunlight during the day.

Well...there you have it...another "Almost" Wordless Wednesday post for this week!

No comments: