Friday, July 19, 2013

Homemade Banana Facial Mask Recipe - Great for Dry Skin!


A few years ago my 88 year old mother-in-law gave me her recipe for a homemade banana facial mask and let me tell you...it is fantastic! I usually whip up this recipe about once every 2 weeks and apply it to my face and neck. I then let it sit on my face as I get things ready for my shower and then wash it off while showering.

The mask only requires three ingredients that you most likely have in your home right now. If you have dry skin...this mask is definitely for you! If you are pressed for time...whip it up, refrigerate it the night before. Then in the morning when you are getting ready for your day...take it out, use it and then get your morning shower.

Banana Facial Mask Recipe

1 sliced banana, peel removed
1 cup olive oil
2 large egg whites (discard the yolks)

In a blender container, combine all three of the above ingredients and process until smooth. Place container into the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove and apply the mask to your face and neck area. Leave on for 10 to 12 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. Blot face dry with a soft cotton towel.

No comments: